The River Merikarvianjoki Is Fishermen’s Mecca
The island waters, the sea and the river offer a variety of fishes and a variety of ways catching fish. Several salmonoids, varying discharge, and different times of year inspire fishermen to come again and again to Merikarvia. The river Merikarvianjoki is one of the most popular river sites for recreational fishing. There are more than a dozen extensive rapids in the river area between Lankoski and Salmelankoski rapids. Close to these rapids, there are parking spaces, rest places, and facilities for gutting the catch.
Memorable, guided tours are organized, for instance, by Eumer Fishing Center, Lankosken Köffi, and Riverside.
Don’t forget to buy fishing licenses! In Merikarvia, licenses are sold at Köffi in Lankoski tel. +358 (0) 2 551 4191 and SEO service station in Tuorila tel. +358 (0) 2 631 1900. In the center of Merikarvia, you can by your license at Eumer Fishing Center tel. +358 (0) 44 560 3120, and R-kioski tel. +358 (0) 2 5512 011 and from Merikievari, Tuorila, tel (02) 529 2929.
License fees for the river Merikarvianjoki you can find from:www.merikarvianjoki.fi
Port and Marinas in Merikarvia
- Approximately 80 berths for rent, tel. +358 (0) 44 7246 343
- Service marina
- Berths for brief visits, mooring with side or stern buoy
- Draught 2.2m
- 1.5 km to shops
Mericamping, Guest Marina
- Appr. 30 berths
- Services of a four-star camping site
- Service fee 10€/day
- Draught 1.5m, depth appr. 2m
- Septic tank emptying device
Kasala Fishery Marina
- Draught 3.3m
- WC, water, sauna (to be reserved in advance)
- Draught 1.8m
- Recreation area owned by Merikarvia municipality, a former pilot station
- Boat shelter, beach
- Campfire sites and a barbeque cabin
Port of Merikarvia
- Draught 4.5m
- Harbour provides services for import and export of, for instance, timber and mineral aggregates.
- Port is owned by the municipality and it is located in connection of Metsäliitto’s sawmill.